commandline

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I created a rule and made a scheduled batch file to export every evening the site. Looking inside the rule, I see the names of the pages to be exported. What happens when I create a new page? Does it get exported without creating a new rule? Or can I omit the -fileRule option? I need to backup every page including newly created.

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2009 at 6:45 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2009 at 6:53 AM

By default, the export of any data container will include all elements, except for the excluded, ie will also include new items also.

1. Select and mark your Page library pages
2. Exclude unnecessary files
In this case will be exported all the files except makred as excluded (even created later)

For the inverse case: export only included objects without the inclusion of new ones) -
1. Select and mark your Page library pages
2. Set Flag in element context menu -  Do Not Include New Children
3. Select required files.

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:21 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2009 at 8:25 AM

th

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM
I see. Thank you for the reply!

From all Codeplex wss tools I find this a lifesaver! Just wanted to say that.

The whole IT department uses wss wiki to store all info about systems and also all our procedures. So you can imagine how important it is to be able to restore wsspages fast! I'm using your tool to export and then copy the zip weekly to a USB stick which is stored in a vault and an extra USB stick externaly.

Restore is much more fun now!

Tanks!

For the ones who are interested:

Scheduled job:

@ECHO oFF
cd\
cd "C:\Backup\ImportExport"

del backup_* /F /Q

ImpEx.Console.exe -o backup -site http://localhost -ruleFile websiteICT.rule -packFile backup_%date:~-10,10%.cmp.zip

del "<usbdrive>\Disaster Recovery\Sharepoint\ImpEx\backup_*" /F /Q

copy backup_%date:~-10,10%.cmp.zip "<usbdrive>\Disaster Recovery\Sharepoint\ImpEx\" /-Y /V