Wrong Document's Author

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

HI!

First of all I would like to thank you for the very useful tool !!!!

Second, I exported a Document Library and imported in another site of the same site collection.

The operation completed successfull, but in the new document library the two column AUTHOR and LAST MODIFIED AUTHOR contain the value "system account". Now I need to replicate the origina columns values, as the correct metadata associated to the documents.

Do you know if i can set the option for security and ownership replication somewhere in the tool interface?

If not, I found in the code WSSImport.cs some setting about IncludeSecurity

public void ImportWSSContent(string folder, SPSWebApplication app)
        {
            try
            {
                ImportSettings = new SPImportSettings();
                ImportSettings.CommandLineVerbose = true;
                ImportSettings.BaseFileName = string.Empty;
                ImportSettings.FileLocation = folder;
                ImportSettings.IncludeSecurity = SPIncludeSecurity.None;   <- SPIncludeSecurity.ALL;  

Please could you tell me if am I right and if I need to compile again the project?

Thank you very much
Claudia

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM

You are right.

Now, import is ignore security settings because it has import bug then move data from one domain to another.

UI doesn't have any setting for this setting, as you see.

ImportSettings.IncludeSecurity = SPIncludeSecurity.None;   <- SPIncludeSecurity.ALL; 

UI doesn't have any setting for this setting, as you see. Now only one way is set security setting to SPIncludeSecurity.All and recompile project.

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM

ezyuzin,

thank you for reply.

I checked and tried to make modification but I have only Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and when i open project file it says that it has been developed usign a more recent version, I suppose though Microsft Visual Studio 2008. I don't have such software but I would need the modification of the setting to accomplish the migration. Please could you be so kind to help me as soon as possibile?

I don't know if it is possibile for you to include in a config file (ascii) the setting SPIncludeSecurity=None,ALL and make it available for download.

Thank you very much

Claudia

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Look at: http://impex.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=33338

Sep 22, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Hi ezyunin, thank you very much for help.

I tested the new release but i'm sorry to say that i get the same error.

could you help please?

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Hi Ezyunin

do you have any updates for the issue?

It would be really very kind of you.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Claudia

Oct 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Claudia,

I was getting the similar error you mentioned on my Lists and managed to resolve.

along with setting 

ImportSettings.IncludeSecurity = SPIncludeSecurity.All;

also set

ImportSettings.UserInfoDateTime = SPImportUserInfoDateTimeOption.ImportAll;

Thank you ezyuzin

-Bilal